Having friends or family over for dinner? Want to make a super easy but beautiful dish that will blow them away? Well look no further and try out this scrumptious pineapple shrimp fried rice recipe! Served in a pineapple boat, this “dish” is both fun and delectable. Chris and I had such a fun time making this and hopefully you all can give it a try! This recipe can serve 2-3 people.
- 1 whole pineapple
- About 1.5-2 lbs. of shrimp
- 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2-3 bunches of green onion/scallion (finely chopped)
- 2-2.5 cups of cooked brown rice
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha
- Carve out the pineapple following instructions from this link: https://www.thespruce.com/cutting-pineapple-and-make-pineapple-boat-3217521
- Dice up the removed pineapple to use for the rice later
- Heat some oil in a wok and add frozen vegetables
- Once vegetables are slightly defrosted, add in shrimp (season with salt and pepper)
- Add minced garlic and finely chopped scallions
- Add rice and diced pineapples
- Season with salt, pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha to your liking (remember to always taste)
- Serve in pineapple boat!